To apply for a PAN card, an applicant must complete Form 49A (for Indian citizens) or Form 49AA (for Foreign citizens) and submit it to the appropriate authorities, along with the necessary supporting documents and a PAN card fee. Previously, it took around 15-20 working days to issue a PAN card after submitting the PAN card application and completing the documents for verification. The government has now shortened the process and implemented a fast track process, which allows applicants to receive their PAN card within 48 hours or two days of submitting their PAN application.
This blog will walk you through the process of applying for a PAN card in 48 hours, as well as other requirements.
How to Apply for a PAN Card in 48 hours?
Previously, it took 15-20 days to receive a PAN card after submitting a PAN card application. However, with some changes and the implementation of the PAN card fast track process, the applicant can now receive a PAN card in 48 hours or two days. The steps to apply for a PAN card in 48 hours are as follows:
- Visit the official website of NSDL
- Choose the appropriate form, carefully read the guidelines, and then select the type of form (with or without a digital signature certificate)
- Enter the applicant type, complete the form, and submit the supporting documents
- Following submission, the applicant will be given an acknowledgement number that can be used to track the status of the PAN card
- Following verification of the application and documents, the applicant will receive the PAN card at the address provided
FAQs on PAN Card in 48 Hours Hours
- Can I have more than one PAN Card?No, you cannot have more than one PAN Card.
- Is it possible to obtain a PAN card within 48 hours using offline mode?Unfortunately, obtaining a PAN card through offline mode requires a minimum of 15 days. Therefore, it is not possible to receive a PAN card within 48 hours using the offline mode.
- How can I download my e-PAN for free? You can click on the link https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/ePANCard where you will have to provide details such as your PAN number, date of birth, followed by the captcha. Click on ‘Submit’ to download your e-PAN.
- How long does it take to receive a physical PAN card after submitting the application?While you can obtain your PAN number within 48 hours, it generally takes around 15-20 days to receive the physical PAN card at your designated address.
- How long generally will it take if I apply for a PAN?It will take up to two weeks for you to receive your PAN if all the documents submitted by you are in order.
- Can I do video KYC with e-PAN?No, due to security reasons e-PAN is not accepted during video KYC.
- Can I collect my PAN from the Income Tax Office?Once your PAN is made, it will be mailed to your registered address by post. In case there is a delay in the delivery of PAN, you can visit the local post office and collect it from there. During the time of collection, you will have to provide the necessary documents to prove you are the PAN card applicant.
- Can I apply for PAN offline?Yes, you can apply for PAN offline by download Form 49A from either NSDL/UTIITL website or requesting for one from an official from UTIITL. Fill in the form and submit it along with all the necessary documents at your nearest UTIITL or NSDL office and pay the application fee. The documents along with the application form will be verified, and if all the details are correct, your PAN will be sent to your registered address.
- How can I apply for PAN online? You can apply for PAN online by visiting the NSDL website by clicking on the link https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html and providing all the details as asked for. Once you have filled in the form, submit it along with all the necessary documents, and pay the processing fee. The details provided by you will be verified, and if everything is correct, your PAN will be delivered to your communication address.
- Which form do foreign nationals have to fill in order to obtain a PAN card in India?Foreign nationals looking to obtain PAN card in India will be required to fill in Form 49AA and submit it along with the necessary documents and also pay the processing fee. Once the form has been verified, the PAN will be sent to the person’s residential address.